Thursday, December 8, 2011

Its a wonderful life!


A story to share

If it hadn't been for My sister Teresa McCoy Scambler getting me my first KISS record or my best friend growing up getting a drumset or sitting around listening to my Dad play guitar. This Song would have never been born and a little boy would have might never grown up to be a firefighter.

Many things led me to my career in Music I remember having saved up my allowance and givin...g it to my sister who was going to Sears. I gave her my money and asked her to get a rock and roll record. She came back that night with KISS Originals which I still have. I was hooked The music exploded out of my little realistic record player into my head. Shortly after my best friend growing up who lived 2 doors down Rob Lidstone got a drumset from his Mom Pat Lidstone. My career in music was now sealed because now I had to get a guitar which my Mom Carol McCoy and Dad bought me. A 35 dollar guitar from Woolco call a Kay guitar. Growing up from as long as I remember I would listen to my Dad play guitar and thought it was so cool and after I got my guitar I started lessons and my Guitar teacher Bev Young kept me interested in learning.

Where am I going with this may you ask?

That all these people and many more helped a song be born from me that helped a little boy decide that when he grows up to be a fire fighter. I found out a little while back that fellow came to watch me play at Pancho and Lefty's in Surrey one night. He bought a CD that had a song on it that I wrote called Mama's Lillte Boy a song about a fire fighter. He took the CD home a his son heard it. After hearing the song several times over he decided that he wanted to be a firefighter. Well that boy is now in his 20's and he is a firefighter in Edmonton fighting fires and saving lives. Well that made me feel great! I thought though if all those people that helped me in my direction towards music were not there than this song would have never been written and who knows that boy would not have become a firefighter. So to everyone who has supported me in my music Thank You! Help support someone in their dream its amazing what can happen. You just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment