Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thanks to my Band

I would like thank my band past and present! My present band consists of Tony Del, Jay Wittur and Gary Grace. They are a great bunch of guys and a ton of talent
Tony joined the band back in June of 96 and has been the longest member. Tony plays lead guitar and vocals and can eat pretty much any kind of hot sauce you put in front of him. I even have a picture Tony pouring Dave's insanity sauce down his throat.
 Tony is to me like Keith Richards is to Mick Jagger, Joe Perry is to Steven Tyler, like Lady is to GaGa.... ok the Lady Gaga doesn't work but you get my drift. He has been a great friend all these years and is an amazing talent! To watch Tony play is incredible. I have seen people stand in front of him in awe with his amps blaring into their heads and they don't move.
He is a caring and very generous man and glad to to call him my friend and the brother I never had.

Jay Wittur Bass, Doghouse Bass and vocals.
Jay......hmmmm how do I some up Jay.... You just got to know him.
His sense of humour is just waaaaay out there. I am usually the BUTT end of his oneliners. ( I'm sure he has a comeback for that one too).
Jay is the most level headed nice guys you will ever meet and always keeps me in check.  The go to guy and it will get done! He use to play with Doug and The Slugs and several other bands and he too is amazing talent. He has great harmonies and his bass playing is always smooth and rock solid. He also is very well versed in the theory of Music.
The only thing bad to say about Jay is DON'T FEED HIM ALMONDS.

Gary Grace the latest drummer ( I seem to go through more drummers than anything) to join the band is a world class drummer. Every time is plays a solo we watch with amazement he always does something different each time. His sense of humour is too like Jay's and catches me off guard all the time.
Gary plays also with Dave Martone and Prism and has studied under some of the top drummers in the world. He himself teaches some BIG Rock Stars still today. Just watch youtube vid of his playing it is truely amazing! http://youtu.be/6W0CX0__GTI

There is some past member I have to say thanks to as well
All are great people great talents and great friends!
Dave Gustafson Drums You never meet a more sweetheart of man
Theo Pire Drums Remains still one of my close friends
Mike Nitchie Bass another great talent and friend
Chris Leadbeater Lead Guitar one of best buddies all the way from my high school years
Linden Northcott drums Always a great luagh when Linden was in the room
Trent Johnson When trent was around the target was off me LOL sorry Trent
Dave Harris Guitar Mandolin, Fiddle, harp and everything you can think of. another amazing talent that you really have to see.
I know there as been more including great fills guys like Steve Ohe the man of million songs!
All these people and more Thank You for sharing your talent on stage with me, They say if you surround yourself with great talent you yourself will look good. Thanks for making me look and sound so good all these years I hope I have many more to come and get a chance to play with you all again. You are all class acts! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ken! It was a pleasure to work with you. My time on the road with you, Mike Nitchie and Linden Northcott (my roomie) will always be a fond memory. Jane and I still laugh about how you guys couldn't believe all of the LPs I'd buy on the road. All the best in your career and life! Cheers, Dave Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken: You are a man of immense talent and tenacity. You have been and continue to be one of my best friends. It's always an honour to set up my kit on stage with you, Jay and Tony. Thank you for your kind words, and I never forget.....the show is only as good as the songs we play, with particular reference to the tunes you wrote.

    Cheers, Dave G.

    ReplyDelete